William A. Price, Attorney at Law CALL: 800-630-4780

Our legal services help you start, expand, manage, and sell business organizations, with profits for you and your heirs.

Mergers, Acquisitions, and Recapitalization

What resource limits have hurt your company’s growth? Maybe you need to buy an existing business and profit from their products and customers. If selling or buying a business would remove your resource limits, talk to Bill. He will help you keep transactions confidential, identify financing sources, negotiate term sheets for deals, review target and buyer information, and arrange closing terms and post-closing dispute resolution that works for you and your business. He can also help you negotiate financing options not involving business purchase or sale. If you have a question about buying or selling a business, call 1-800-630-4780 or email Bill.

Business Transactions

Bill Price is our lawyer of reference at CEntrance. He’s helped us with intellectual property, software and hardware development contracts, and other business law issues. I would recommend him to anyone as a thorough, effective counselor.

Every company has owners, and the usual rule determining who gets what is the golden rule – whoever has the gold to invest makes the rules. Your company will need initial and later round capitalization, supplier and customer contracts, HR, risk management, credit, and collections documents. You should also have buy-sell agreements and other estate planning instruments in place and funded. Bill can help you draft and enforce your deals with insiders and outsiders. To get answers about the business operation questions bothering you, call 1-800-630-4780 or email Bill.

Administrative Law

Bill can make your life simpler and less exasperating when dealing with governments and taxes. Your company should be set up to minimize income, estate, sales, and property taxes across whatever business entities you use or states where you may have customers.  Well run companies also plan for regulatory and tax compliance, and may have to get licenses or permits from local, state, and federal administrative agencies before they can operate. If you have a question about tax liability or dealing with a state, federal, local, or international government agency, call 1-800-630-4780 or email Bill.

The Blog

HB 4361 (New Illinois LLC Changes) Passes House and Senate

The Institute of Illinois Business Laws, which I chaired for 2014-2016, drafted and has supported HB 4361, which, with the able leadership of our legislative chairman Mike Hansen, has passed the Illinois House and Senate, and awaits action by Governor Rauner. HB 4361  is an extensive reqrite of current Illinois law, designed to bring our statutes […]

Record Level Of Venture Investments In China

Venture capital investments in China reached $15.3 billion during 2015, significantly higher than the previous high of $7.3 billion in 2011. Mobile device deals predominated, with an average of $9.8 million per deal. Exits have also seen growth, with 61 deals raising $7.2 billion of venture backed company IPO’s in China in 2014, the last […]

Business Issues In Estate Administration

Just delivered a talk to the DuPage County Bar Association on family business issues in estate disputes. Reminded those present that most buy-sell agreements are not funded with “Key Man” insurance, that most spouses and children are incompetent to manage the business but want money, and that even rich people like the Wrigleys and the […]