New or old, small or large, for profit or not, your organization inevitably will face legal and regulatory challenges as it seeks to grow. You have two choices: Face those challenges alone and under-prepared, or seek help from an award-winning business lawyer.
Attorney Bill Price has decades of experience writing Illinois laws and influencing the Illinois regulations that he helps companies use to their benefit.
Bill’s practice includes business and administrative litigation, international and national transactions, and nonprofit law. His clients tend to center in the Chicago area and downstate Illinois, but companies throughout the world – including ones in Pakistan, Indonesia, Japan, Germany and the UK – reach out to Bill and GrowthLaw.
What matters most is the scope of legal assistance Bill can provide. He has, for example:
- Helped a franchise buyer understand the process of organizing a new business, review disclosure documents and negotiate a lease.
- Devised a contract that allowed an owner to sell his chemical specialty business – and be paid for both his company’s assets and his subsequent advice to the buyer.
- Saved the owner of an HVAC company from a smoke-and-mirrors merger offer. Selling the company to current staff turned out to be a better option.
- Prepared documentation that qualified a church for property tax exemption. Also successfully documented federal income and state sales tax exemptions for the church.
- Organized an Illinois LLC and documented U.S.-Pakistan reporting rules for a business employing live-chat operators based in Pakistan who help increase sales on U.S. websites.
- Drafted updated rules and helped members of the Illinois Pollution Control Board understand caseload management and the issues they faced.
Bill Price is the current chair of the Institute for Illinois Business Laws. He also has served as chair for the Corporation, Securities and Business Law Section Council of the Illinois State Bar Association, and is a member of that Section Council. Bill also is a member of the Administrative Law Section Council, for which he is general editor of the 2007 edition of the ISBA Handbook of Illinois Administrative Law, and edits the Section newsletter.
Bill served for two years as the state’s Small Business Utility Advocate, appointed by Governor Jim Edgar and confirmed by the Illinois Senate.
A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, a graduate of the Duke University School of Law and holder of a Masters in Public Policy Sciences from Duke, Bill Price has taught courses in business law and high tech entrepreneurship (including both private equity and venture capital) at the Stuart Graduate School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology.
Books Bill has authored include Limited Liability Organizations, which covers all forms of business entities in all 50 states and many foreign countries; and Illinois Law Office Practice Forms, which provides forms for use in business, real estate and family estate matters for Illinois law offices.
He also contributes chapters on limited liability companies and S corporations to annual volumes from the Illinois Institute on Continuing Legal Education.
With the experience and knowledge to find the business advantage for his clients, Bill Price will help steer your company or not-for-profit organization into growth. Email Bill at email@example.com or call him at 800-630-4780.